26 September 2014

Interschool Cross Country

Cross Country Day
Yesterday all the cross country students from Panmure Bridge School travelled to Bailey road school to compete with other schools in races. The schools that we had to race were Bailey road school, Point England, St puis, and Glenn Bray school. When we got there we had to wear our year level wrist band. The year 7's and 8's wearied colour white, year 6's had to wear dark orange, year 5's had to wear colour brown, year 4's had to wear light orange, and the year 3's had to wear yellow.

Then the races started we had to run around the block through the junior park up the drive way, and around the field back to the start and race again.
We then had a break the the year 7's and 8's had to race last. It was fun because we all get to race with other school and get to win a certificate.
BY EVELYN


  Yesterday I went to Bailey Road school for the interschool cross country with the other people in my school who got a placing in the Cross Country. When I got there I saw a lot of schools. I felt really nervous because I saw other kids practising their running and they were fast. Miss Thomas showed are us the course where to run. It was very long. She told all of us that the year threes and fours had to run 1 time around the course. The year fives and sixes had to run 2 times and the year sevens and eights had had to run around the course 3 times. The year threes girls would start first and the year eight boys would start last. Nobody from our school was in the year three girls. When the year four boys started Joseph was coming second. All of them ran really fast. When they got back around Alex was coming third and Joseph was coming fourth. Joseph couldn't catch up to Alex and Alex came in Third pace. The races were going faster by the minute. After we had a brake it was the year 5 girls then the year five boys. It took us a couple of minutes until we could go. Finally we could go. A lot of the other year 5 boys sprinted. I was coming second to last then. The hardest part was where you go down a hill where there is rocks and when you go back up there is mud. I always slip in that area. It was a really hard course. On the second lap near the finishing line I had to stop during the race because I needed my inhaler. I came in last place. It was a really fun day and I wish I could go and run there again.
BY AJ

No comments: